Friday, November 10, 2006

all I want for christmas is some thankgiving decorations

Tuesday I went shopping at lunch for a baby shower gift and to look for a new flag for outside my house. I have a Halloween flag and then the next appropriate flag I have is a Christmas flag. AC Moore is next door to Babies R Us so I ran in there to find that they only had Christmas, Chanukah and general winter flags. The only Thanksgiving looking items they had were some fall colored leaves and a mailbox cover with a turkey. Then on my way to actually getting something for lunch I ran into Home Goods and that store didn’t carry flags.

Thursday after work I needed to get kitty litter bags, so off to Target I went. To tangent off for a moment, know how sometimes you read something too quickly, well instead of ‘cat box liners’ I read ‘boy cat liners’, which made me reread it a little slower, I have my dyslexic moments. Back to topic, after grabbing the liners I went to see if I could find a flag and maybe a nice decoration or two, I have decorations for other holidays, just not this one. I see all the Christmas stuff and figure on the edges there may be some Thanksgiving stuff. Nope. I ask an associate, they don’t have any Thanksgiving decorations and she’s pretty sure they never put any out. Yup, they went straight from Halloween to Christmas. Then I run to Party City and bless them they have a whole wall of Thanksgiving stuff: plates, platters, tablecloths, table decorations, wall decorations, door decorations…but they don’t carry flags. I grab up a table decoration, which is currently looking very nice on my coffee table. Last stop I run to Michael’s. They have Christmas flags and some very summery looking flags, but none for Thanksgiving.

In my errands after work tonight I’ll be going by Wal-Mart. It may be futile, but I’m going to give it a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home